Code of Conduct
VMware is dedicated to providing and promoting a safe and inclusive environment for everyone, regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, age, religion, or other protected categories. Because we don’t always know what might make someone else feel uncomfortable or unwelcome, these guidelines are meant to reinforce our values and clarify our expectations of all of those who participate in our community and events. They also define unacceptable behavior and provide instructions on what you can do if you see unacceptable behavior.
We each have different backgrounds and experiences. At VMware, we have three core values that we expect all to abide by: do the right thing, do what works, and be kind.
- Be considerate, respectful, and collaborative.
- Refrain from using any demeaning, discriminatory, or harassing behavior and speech.
Unacceptable behavior may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Harassment and discrimination, which includes: any verbal, physical, or visual conduct based on sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, transgender status, race, age, national origin, disability, or other protected characteristics; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces (including presentation slides); deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following; harassing photography or recording; sustained disruption of sessions, talks, or other events; and inappropriate physical contact, or any unwelcome sexual attention.
- Using any boisterous, lewd, or offensive behavior or language; using sexually explicit or offensive language or conduct; using profanity, obscene gestures, or racial, religious, homophobic, transphobic, or ethnic slurs; commenting about a person’s body or sexual activity; and discussing sexual activity.
- Failing to obey any of the rules or regulations of the event or instructions of the event staff.
- Participating in any other illegal activity not already covered above.
Consequences of unacceptable behavior
We won’t tolerate unacceptable behavior. If a participant engages in unacceptable behavior, the event organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from the event without warning or refund and, if appropriate, involving local law enforcement. Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately.
How to report unacceptable behavior
If you have a complaint or concern about harassment, discrimination, bullying, or any other conduct that violates the VMware Events Code of Conduct, please contact MAPBUevents@vmware.com.
We thank our attendees in advance for your help in keeping the event welcoming, respectful, and friendly to all participants.